Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lemon Cream Cheese Bars







These little bars are seriously a little piece of heaven.  They actually taste a lot like cheesecake.  It doesn't have the classic graham cracker crust.  It's made out of a cake mix, but I like this crust even better.  That could be the new excitement talking. Cheesecake is my favorite dessert, and this made it even better!  I sampled some when it was fresh out of the oven, which you're not really supposed to do, but I was too excited about them!  I liked it better hot.  It's amazing after it's chilled too, but there's something about warm cheesecake that melts your insides. Mmmm!  I promise you'll love every luscious bite.  And it's pretty easy, too!  I got the recipe online.


Lemon Cream Cheese Bars

1 box lemon cake mix (I used white, and it was wonderful)
1/2 cup oil
8 oz (1 package) cream cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs

Mix cake mix, oil, and one egg.  Hold out 3/4 cup of mix.  Put the rest in an ungreased 9x13 pan.  Pat all over the bottom.  Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.

While this cooks mix cream cheese, sugar, egg, and lemon juice with mixer.  Spread over cooked portion in pan.  Sprinkle reserved 3/4 cup of cake mix over the top.  Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F.  Cut into pieces and serve.

1 comment:

  1. These were yummy. Modify the recipe to say "Cut into LARGE pieces and serve.".

    ReplyDelete